Level 2 Food Safety Supervisor
- SITXOHS002A Follow workplace hygiene procedures;
- SITXFSA002A Develop and implement a food safety program
This course is designed to meet the requirements of Victoria's food safety laws with respect to food safety supervisors. It covers food hygiene procedures and how to compile and use a food safety plan. Successful participants will receive a Food Safety Supervisor Certificate and a Statement of Attainment for two endorsed individual competencies, SITXOHS002A (Follow Workplace Hygiene Procedures) and SITXFSA001A (Implement Food Safety Procedures).
Staff responsibilities under the Food Act
- - Identifying hygiene and food safety hazards
- - Chemical, physical and microbiological contamination
- - Food poisoning and prevention
- - Time / Temperature requirements
- - Cleaning and Sanitising
- - Develop, implement and evaluate a food safety program for a range of service industry operations where food is stored, prepared, displayed, served and disposed of.
- - Determine the specific program requirements for an organisation
- - Prepare policies and procedures for other personnel to follow, which is a legal requirement for all registered food premises.