Certificate III in ESL (Access) 21933VIC
Once a student has completed Certificate III in ESL Access they can further enrol in;
- Certificate IV in ESL (Further Study)
Other pathways could include further training, employment or voluntary work.
In this class students will:
- Improve speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Gain a better understanding of grammar
- Improve vocabulary and pronunciation
- Practise internet and email skills
- Learn about aspects of Australian life and culture
- Participate discussions about current issues
Student will be eligible for the award of Certificate III in ESL Access, upon successfully complete all units shown below::
|VBQU130||Develop and document a learning plan and portfolio|
|VPAU502||Engage in casual conversation and straightforward spoken transactions|
|VPAU503||Give and respond to a range of straightforward instructions and informational texts|
|VPAU504||Read and write a range straightforward letters and formatted texts|
|VPAU505||Read a range of straightforward informational instructional and other texts|
|VPAU560||Investigate current issues|
|VPAU555||Use of internet and email to develop language|
How long is the course?
Full time: 20 weeks.
- Before starting this course students will be interviewed by an English as a Second Language teacher to determine their reading and writing ability so that they can be placed in the most suitable class. Student must bring their passport or other proof of permanent residency.
- To enrol in Certificate III in ESL Access students must have successfully completed the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) at exit level 4/4.5/5 or International Second Language Proficiency Rating Scales ISLPR 2.